Happy February 1st!
Why don’t we start this month of love off with the January Elegant Bridal Expo I attended a few Sundays ago with my future sister-in-law (SIL). So, let’s talk a little about bridal expo etiquette and the few ways you can go about approaching a bridal expo to create a memorable experience.
Be Prepared or Go With the Flow
You can choose to be prepared or you can go with the flow. For me, I chose to be prepared. Not only did I choose to be prepared, but I also wanted to create a memorable experience and bond with my future SIL.
Below, I have outlined three things I did to help create a memorable experience by being prepared.
#1) Take Pre-Addressed Labels
For starters, I made a sheet of pre-addressed labels for both, my SIL and myself because no matter what table or vendor you approach there will be something to fill out and complete. It may be something you are truly interested in or it may be a drawing. Either way, it cut the time down by being able to peel off a label and stick it on. It also saved on writer’s cramp.
For our address labels, I simply put our name and address on them and printed them from my printer. Feel free to include your phone number, email address, and wedding date. If not, you can always pen them in as you wish.
And, if you plan far enough ahead, you can order some fancy ones from online.
#2) Take Photos
Since, my phone does not take quality photos, I chose to bring my mini camera. I knew that I wanted to capture photos from the event, but I also wanted to capture moments of her (for the album I made her), as well photos of us together.
In addition to this, there will be plenty of photo opps, so you will want to have a camera of some sort.
#3) Create a Mini Album
I love mini 4×6 photo albums! They are great for so many reasons! Not only did I make one for my boys when they attended the Harlem Globetrotters game, but I also made one for myself and my SIL for the bridal expo to capture the experience.
I actually presented the album to her with a ribbon around it before we entered the expo. I explained to her that I wanted us to create a memorable experience, so I was presenting her with the album so that she could fill it with information that she collected, insert photos into once the event was over, and also have something to hold her pre-addressed mailing labels in as we ventured booth to booth. It turned out great and was the perfect inexpensive gift to give.
To make it even more special, I matched the album with the colors of the expo (purple and white) and inserted some cute pages throughout the album such as clipart that said “Future Mrs” on one side so that she could place her photo from the day on the other side.
I also entered blank 4X6 cards so that should add personal thoughts from the day or include some journaling.
Other Helpful Tips
- It will be crowded. So, be prepared. If you take anxiety medications (seriously) you may want to take them before you enter, or perhaps bring some extra cash for the cash bar. Personally, having a glass of beer made everything a little more relaxed.
- When you RSVP, treat yourself, especially if you are the bride. Go ahead and pay a little extra for the fancy expo bag. You’ll look cute and feel amazing toting your “Wifey” or “Bride” bag. Not to mention, there will be bridal expo swag all around, so you will indeed leave with a full tote.
- Have a date in mind for your wedding as vendors are booking on site within the current calendar year. You may also want to bring your wedding planner book or calendar.
- Dress comfortably, but cute! Put a little makeup on. Make the effort. You’ll feel fabulous- and have awesome photos!
- Use your manners and be kind.
- Seriously, take notes of ideas and vendors you are interested in working with.
- Have fun!
In summary, you can either be prepared or go with the flow when you attend a bridal expo. If you choose to be prepared I have listed several helpful tips to help you be prepared and create a memorable experience whether you are the future bride or not.
Call To Action!!
Please, leave a comment to share if any of this resonated with you. And, if you are really feeling fancy today, subscribe via email and/or vote on the sidebar at Top Mommy Blogs!